Madapad since 1905

Madapad is the name of my home located in North Parur (Ernakulam district in Kerala). It was built by my great great grandfather in the year 1905. There are 5 generations that have lived over here.

We have a central courtyard with a lawn created by my mom last year. After that we have  a walkway to the bridge steps created by my great grandfather in the year 1955. People used to climb those steps and come visit my home for many decades.  As a child i remember i used to go to school climbing those steps. But now there is no access to the gate because my dad put a gate there after my grand mom passed away.



Comments

  1. That's great bro. You got a lot of attachments to the property. These days younger generation hardly bother or don't know what is the importance of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics sandeep...its these sweet memories that keep us moving 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear about your ancestral home. The house and the garden look beautiful. -Binitha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is Madapad

Lawn 2019

Venice trip