Freej Restaurant


Freej is a lebanese restaurant located in Kuwait city old souk in Mubarakiya.  We reached there at around 7.45 pm yesterday evening for dinner. The place was already  quite crowded. When I entered I noticed that it had the ambience of a traditional Kuwaiti building.  We sat at an available table; there was no formal seating. The lighting was dim but it gave the place a nice feel. The place was neat and tidy. The seats were nice and comfortable.  Soon after a waiter bought some raw carrots and raw onions with two dips – green chillies and red chilies in an oil base.  I had a chicken soup which comes in a bun.  Thar was very good. Then we were served starters – nice and hot Iranian “quboos” (Arabic bread made of whole wheat flour) with ‘baba ganouj’ (crushed eggplant with onions,olive oil, chopped onions and chopped tomatoes) – a cold starter inside a corn tortilla bowl. I had some carrots and onions with dip. It was not spicy and I liked the taste. I used a piece of the quboos to spoon the baba ganouj (there is no cutlery). This was nice too. For the main course we ordered whole chicken tikka, mutton kebabs and chicken sheesh tawouk (arabic grilled boneless chicken). I found each, grilled just right.  For the dessert we ordered sweet dumplings. I didnt taste that coz of my health issues. And then i had the Gahwa (An arabic coffee which is made with cardamom). That wasnt sweet at all. We spent about 2 hours there. After that we walked around and explored the souk. There was a Kuwait flag that was hung on the ceiling with all the lights nicely lit up.  The meal, the place and the evening. I enjoyed them all.

Chicken soup in bun

Locals walking out of the fish market

Exploring the souk

Iranisn quboos with chicken sheesh tawouk

Sweet dumplings

Chef preparing Gahwa

Iranian quboos with whole chicken tikka

Kuwait food menu

Gahwa

Jewelry shop

Freej restaurant building

Baba Ganouj


Lentil soup in Bun

Carrots and sliced onions with Green and red chilly dip

Kuwait flag hung up with all the lights lit on up on the ceiling.

Iranian quboos with Kebabs

Iranian quboos with baba ganouj and humous...

Comments

  1. I'm getting hungry looking at these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is already watering reading ur post .
    Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best Arabic restaurants in Kuwait! Good going Sandeep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? May i ask who this is? The name says unknown...

      Delete
  4. It's one if my Fav Places too... they have awesome Majbous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good gng sandeepaa. I wud rate 9 out of 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freej..sounds like a good eatery for the gourmet..but I will choose only the Iranian Quboos..
    You have certainly made a great stride in your writing skills.Kudos..dear Sandeepa 👏

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely written Sandeep...Cheers,Paul

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is Madapad

Lawn 2019

Venice trip